GREEN GOLD GOURMET FOODS
Green…pointing to mother nature, Gold…pointing to something of great value, Gourmet Foods pointing to Quality Food. Green Gold Gourmet Foods stands for the manufacturing of products from Mother Nature into Quality Food of great value.
The predecessor business of Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc. The business was registered under Reinard Donn C. Stuart del Rosario, in trust for the Stuart del Rosario Family. It was registered on October 6, 2004 with the Department of Trade and Industry with registration number DTI PX 2004-00469180. It was also registered as a BMBE (Baranggay Micro Business Enterprise) June 10, 2005 with registration number No. 10-06-005. The business officially closed on December 31, 2011 in favor of the corporation.
Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc.
Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc. is a food company specializing in the production of gourmet versions of local food and condiment products in the southern Visayas and Mindanao areas of the Philippines. Green Gold Gourmet Foods was the predecessor company founded by the Stuart del Rosario family in Iligan City, Philippines. It began operations in October 2000 with Suka Pinakurat™®© as its flagship product.
Fat Pauly’s™® Craft Ales and Lagers
The Brand “Fat Pauly’s™®” came from the name of one of its founders Paul “Pauly” C. Stuart del Rosario, who is heavily built. The statue of the boy taking a pee was inspired by the famous Manequin Piss of Belgium, which has an awe-inspiring beer culture.
Delisario™® Craft Meats and Sausages
Delisario™® is a Brand Name of Craft Meats and Sausages developed by Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc. of Iligan City ,on March 21 2017. It is a product of hard research and development by Rene Jose C. Stuart del Rosario Jr., of Iligan City, as guided by the Stuart del Rosario Family.
GREEN GOLD GOURMET FOODS, INC.
Founded by Rene Jose B. Stuart del Rosario Sr., along with members of his family- wife Donna C. Stuart del Rosario and sons Atty. Rendo, Rene Jose Jr. Paul, and Reinard Donn. The business was incorporated on August 1, 2008 with an initial capital of P750,000.00, and officially commenced commercial Operation on January 1, 2012. It currently has a fully paid up capital of P50 million.
Upon incorporation, it acquired all rights and interests to all business, Assets and Intellectual Properties of Green Gold Gourmet Foods (Sole Proprietorship), but still allowed the sole proprietorship to use the same during the transition.
In 2014, the Corporation took a very bold step in engaging Nationwide Distribution and National Pricing, in lieu of Multiple Wholesalers and regional pricing. As a result, the Company emerged stronger and increased its sales and market position. Consequently it migrated from a Micro Business into a Medium-Sized Enterprise.
In August 2015, the Company engaged in property rentals on one of its downtown properties. Soon thereafter the Company increased its investments in Real Estate, and is now actively engaged in property leasing. It is still increasing its property and leasing portfolio.
In January 2016, the Company acquired Fat Pauly’s™® Hand Crafted Ales and Lagers from Paul C. Stuart del Rosario. The Company then fabricated its own Micro Brewery, and expanded the capacity of the Micro-Brewery.
In March 21, 2017, the Company established the brand Delisario™®, to manufacture craft meats and sausages. European technology with with local flair. It shall likewise manufacture classic European meat products.
In 2020, the Company will open an establishment along the main road of Del Carmen, Iligan. The establishment shall house the Suka Pinakurat™®© interactive museum, the Green Gold Gourmet Integrated Gift Shop, Fat Pauly’s™® Craft Beer Pub, and the Delisario™® Coffee and Deli Shop.
- Suka Pinakurat™®© is a Brand Name of an established and well-loved Blended Spiced Coconut Sap Vinegar. It was invented by the late Rene Jose B. Stuart del Rosario Sr., of Iligan City, in Iligan City on October 2000.
The word “Pinakurat™®©” is a derivative from a Cebuano Dialect “Kurat” which means shocked, frightened or surprised. The word “Kurat” is not germane or related to the product “Vinegar”, “and thus was allowed registration by the Intellectual Property Office as a Trademark in favor of Reinard Donn Stuart del Rosario. In 2008, trademark ownership was transferred to Green Gold Gourmet Foods Inc.
- The Brand Name “Suka Pinakurat™®©” along with its device (The word Suka Pinakurat™®© in stylzed form with a background of two (2) coconut trees in an island. Beneath the word PINAKURAT™®© in a rectangular device is the word Best Sawsawan. The word extra hot and representation of the chilies are located above the word SUKA.) was registered as a trademark with the Intellectual Property office (Philippines) on November 30, 2004, with registration number 4/2004/00011237 under Class 30: Vinegar. The Registration was granted on March 10, 2006.
- Suka Pinakurat™®© gained so much popularity, respect and love from its ever-expanding consumer base beyond reason, that the brand Suka Pinakurat™®© has transcended into a “LoveMark”. Not a single amount was spent on advertising and promotion, yet Suka Pinakurat™®© became popular by word of mouth. From an obscure brand made from the humble kitchen of the Stuart del Rosario Family in Iligan City, the Brand Suka Pinakurat™®© has now spread its love nationwide and to all Filipinos across the Globe.
- This however did not come without cost or consequence, as some consumers got lost in the “word of mouth” translation, and equated blended spiced vinegar as “Pinakurat™®©”. This blurred the line between the product and the brand for some enterprising persons, who patterned their blended spiced vinegar product with that of Suka Pinakurat™®©. In plenty of instances they wrongfully named their own product “Pinakurat™®©”, or created their own brand and used Pinakurat™®© as a descriptor. Surprisingly 95% of the trademark infringement happens in Central and Northern Luzon where the Cebuano Dialect is not native.
Green Gold Gourmet is actively enforcing its trademark, and has called the attention of all the offending manufacturers, once discovered. In all instances, except for one, the offending manufacturers eventually respected the trademark.
The challenge for enforcement is that most of the trademark infringement is being done underground, and only surfaces when posted in social media like Facebook, or advertised through internet based sales platforms such as OLX (now Carousel), Lazada and Shoppee. Majority of infringement is done by selling blended spiced vinegar filled in unlabeled containers, and passing them as “Pinakurat™®©” by word of mouth, social media post, or internet advertisement in a manner reminiscent of multi-level marketing. Having no labels, the manufacturer, address and source of manufacture is unknown. Only pseudo-names in social media or sellers and re-sellers are often seen. Nevertheless, Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc., has endeavored to call the attention of all infringing persons, and used their posts for public information.
- Despite all these infringement, the brand Suka Pinakurat™®© continues to grow organically and has spread its influence and popularity to parts of our country with strong regional bias for local vinegar. It is available in all leading supermarket chains nationwide in 250ml, 375ml, 500ml, and 1000ml recycled bottles.
Suka Pinakurat™®© initially gained foothold in the Philippine Market with Green Gold Gourmet having spent no amount on advertising and promotion. Marketing and advertising of Suka Pinakurat™®© was largely by word of mouth, with sales concentrated in souvenir shops and supermarkets all over the Philippines.
Because Green Gold Gourmet, Inc.’s Suka Pinakurat™®© primarily utilized word of mouth, some consumers got lost in translation and equated any spiced vinegar with “Pinakurat™®©.” This blurred the line between the product and the Brand for some enterprising individuals, who patterned their blended spiced vinegar product with that of Suka Pinakurat™®©, using the term Pinakurat™®© as the descriptor. Because of this, there has been so far a couple of recorded infringement cases resulting to denial of application for patent and even a Lower House Inquiry. To this day, Green Gold Gourmet actively enforces their trademark, and is calling the attention of all the offending manufacturers, once discovered.
In October 2000, Waykurat™®© was invented and marketed as an alternative to for Suka Pinakurat™®© consumers who could not stand the heat of Capsicum that was present in Suka Pinakurat™®©. Other variants like Kuratsoy™®©, Suka and Pinakurat™®© Sweetened, as well as other condiments like their Chili Garlic sauce, CHIGAR™®©, soon followed.
- CHIGAR™® is a brand name of a Chili Garlic Sauce invented by Rene Jose B. Stuart del Rosario Sr., of Iligan City, in Iligan City. Registered with the Intellectual Property office (Philippines) under his son Reinard Donn C. Stuart del Rosario and then transferred to Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc.
CHIGAR™® was derived from the first syllables of Chili and Garlic.
- CHIGAR™® was originally registered on May 19, 2010 with registration number 4/2010/005274, underClass: 30: Hot Sauce. It was Approved August 19, 2010.
It was re-registered on March 12, 2018 with the Philippine Intellectual Property Office, with registration number 4/2018/00501113. Class;30 Spices, under Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc. It was approved November 22, 2018.
Fat Pauly’s™® Craft Ales and Lagers
- Paul “Pauly” C. Stuart del Rosario, with the help of his brother Rene Jose “Peppo” C. Stuart del Rosario Jr., began studying beers in 2010. They eventually started homebrewing and bottling their own beers in very small batches on April 16 of that same year. It was not long before friends and family helped introduce the beers to a broader audience. Largely due to the favorable reviews they received, they launched a test sale within Iligan City. This time, the response was even more reassuring. Within the year, FAT PAULY’S™® officially became the first and only independent beer brand in Mindanao.
FAT PAULY’S™® quickly earned the attention of craft beer enthusiasts, critics, connoisseurs, and regular drinkers over the Philippines, because of their adventurous (and largely unconventional) takes on beer recipes. However, due to financial constraints, the making the beers had to remain a small operation. Up until 2015, FAT PAULY’S™® remained in the backburner and could only produce limited qualities despite the growing demand.
On January of 2016, as an effort to further strengthen the brand and grow the business, GREEN GOLD GOURMET FOODS, INC. took over the Brewing Operations.
In 2020, it is projected to open its own Craft Beer Pub in Iligan City, wholly owned and operated by Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc.
- The Brand “Fat Pauly’s™®” came from the name of one of its founders Paul “Pauly” C. Stuart del Rosario, who is heavily built. The statue of the boy taking a pee was inspired by the famous Manequin Piss of Belgium, which has an awe-inspiring beer culture.
- Fat Pauly’s™® Hand Crafted Ales and Lagers, more popularly known as “Fat Pauly’s™®” applied for trademark registration on April 2018 with the Philippine Intellectual Property Office, with Registration Number 4/2018/00505212, under Class 32: Ales; Lagers; Beer-Based Beverages; Beers; Coffee-Flavored Beer; Malt Beer; Porter; Wheat Beer: Stout. Registration for Fat Pauly’s™® and the mark was granted on September 22, 2019
Delisario™® Craft Meats and Sausages
- Delisario™®© is a Brand Name of Craft Meats and Sausages developed by Green Gold Gourmet Foods, Inc. of Iligan City ,on March 21 2017. It is a product of hard research and development by Rene Jose C. Stuart del Rosario Jr., of Iligan City, as guided by the Stuart del Rosario Family.
The word Delisario™® is a brand coined from the words “Deli” and “del Rosario”. Deli stands for Delicatessen, a shop selling specially prepared food. Del Rosario carries part of the family name of the Stuart del Rosario Family.
Taken together, the Brand Name Delisario™® suggests Deli of the Stuart del Rosario Family.
- The Brand Name Delisario™®© was registered as a trademark on July 6, 2017 with registration Number 4/2017/00004188, Class 29: Meat